Ausmini
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:56 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi all,

I'm doing some maintainence on the clubman and am working around the heater box. I have had a stiff internal heater cable (ie: off / car / windcreen) which is on the drivers side.

Looking to check the correct routing of the cable, if everything is in place as from factory, all the tubes etc.. Does the cable run in a semi circle above the pedal box?

Looks like i still have the original coiled wire outer line on the cable.

Anyway advice to fix would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 pm 
998cc
998cc

They always seem to be stiff so you are not alone. The cable runs from the slider around over the pedal box and above the fresh air duct in a large loop towards the firewall then onto the flap control on the heater unit. Mine is original and is covered in pvc . It does a 270 degree turn so it needs to be well easy to operate. Make sure the flap is free moving but the cable is the likely cause. I used silicone spray but have tried most lubes at 1 time or another.
I have found that regular use is the best fix after lubricating the cable.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:23 pm 
848cc
848cc

I think I found the problem :-( Thanks for the info.

At sometime in it's life the cable has been bent, not significant, but given it's hard wire. There is now a friction point :(

The cable being bent is now restricted as it moves back and forth through the coiled outer cable at the bend.

Is there a part number for this cable ? Can't seem to find a replacement at any of the usual spares outlets.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.