Ausmini
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm 
848cc
848cc

I have just had the reservoir to body seals fail from a GRK1035 kit from Mini Sport UK after only two years of use. These parts should last a long time without failure since they don't move (much).

If anyone has a master cylinder like a GMC227 please watch for seal failure. I believe this is due to defective components like usual from Mini Sport UK. They were purchased in 2019, I have since stopped buying from them and probably thrown out all their other stuff. I have no idea if any other supplier uses seals from the same manufacturer, minispares are more expensive so are likely a different (better) manufacturer.

Luckily I noticed it before losing brakes, unfortunately I now have brake fluid all over my engine bay paint.

Attachment:
image_2024-04-28_224538567.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Too many minis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 am 
998cc
998cc

68+86auto wrote:
I have just had the reservoir to body seals fail from a GRK1035 kit from Mini Sport UK after only two years of use. These parts should last a long time without failure since they don't move (much).

If anyone has a master cylinder like a GMC227 please watch for seal failure. I believe this is due to defective components like usual from Mini Sport UK. They were purchased in 2019, I have since stopped buying from them and probably thrown out all their other stuff. I have no idea if any other supplier uses seals from the same manufacturer, minispares are more expensive so are likely a different (better) manufacturer.

Luckily I noticed it before losing brakes, unfortunately I now have brake fluid all over my engine bay paint.

Attachment:

I have never again dealt with them since they insisted that I send the wrong (mismatched) pinion wheel (from a crown wheel and pinion set) back before they would send the correct one. Company policy they said. My response was that they have never will get any more coin from me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 am 
848cc
848cc

DavidE wrote:
68+86auto wrote:

Attachment:

I have never again dealt with them since they insisted that I send the wrong (mismatched) pinion wheel (from a crown wheel and pinion set) back before they would send the correct one. Company policy they said. My response was that they have never will get any more coin from me.

I purchased a flare set and they sent two of one of the flares so there wasn't a complete set. This was their response.

Attachment:
post-130771-0-88508300-1714304484.png

Minispares have never required me to send parts back or pay additional postage for replacements. I even just had a fault six months later with an SU part and they organised for a replacement. They sent it via DHL free of charge.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Too many minis